As you are working to clean out your home, you may come across a lot of items that you want to donate. Junk Smiths serves the Huntington Beach area helping residents with junk removal, donation pick-up, and a host of other junk hauling needs. This donation guide created by Junk Smiths will help you to figure out what you might be able to donate, as you work through your junk removal or decluttering project. This guide was created to help you determine what items qualify for donation, or what might be considered junk.
Because one man’s trash isn’t always another man’s treasure in the eyes of local charities.
Junk Smiths Donation Guidelines
The following list is a basic outline of acceptable items for donation that Junk Smiths will accept, and many major donation drop-offs like Goodwill accept:
- Stain-free furniture
- Stain-free bedding, blankets, linens, towels, sleeping bags
- Computers or equipment
- Music equipment
- Bikes and exercise equipment
- Gardening and lawn care equipment
- Books, CDs, DVDs, records
- Clothing and Accessories
- Cookware and Dishware
- Handtools and power tools in working order
- Jewelry, purses, shoes,
- Small appliances, Radios, stereos, Televisions (in working order)
- Sporting goods
Things that are not accepted by most major donation drop-offs include:
- Broken or damaged furniture
- Hazardous materials
- Recalled items
- Tires and car parts
- Major appliances*
- Mattresses and box springs
Major Appliances and Mattress
After reviewing the list, you may have noticed that you may not be able to donate your used major appliances or mattress. While some charities do not accept major appliances, it is important to note that other charities will accept them and it is important to find the right one to fit your needs.
If you need to donate a used major appliance, Junk Smiths can help. Junk Smiths will work to find a charity that will accept your appliance if they are in good working order. Junk Smiths believes in reducing landfill waste, and they will make sure to send you a tax-deductible form, saving you money at the end of the year.
Junk Removal Recycling Option
If any of your large appliances or mattresses cannot be donated, and are considered junk, Junk Smiths will make sure that your items are disposed of properly through recycling. The key benefits to recycling large appliances are pretty significant and include:
- Steel makes up about 75% of appliances, and steel is the most recycled material in the U.S.
- Refrigerators and air conditioners both use a chemical commonly referred to as CFC’s that are a leading contributor to the depletion of the ozone. By dumping a fridge or other unit with CFC’s improperly these chemicals are released into the environment. Recycling processes these chemicals safely.
Contact Junk Smiths
Junk Smiths is proud to serve the Huntington Beach area for all donation pickup, junk removal and recycling needs. Junk Smiths can help you to reclaim your space and make junk removal fast and easy. The team at Junk Smiths will take the work out of donation pick-up and junk removal, making the process quick and simple so that you can get back to life with a clutter-free space.